Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I thought I'd start a public inventory of all my odd and unique and hard to find gadgets which I buy and have collected over the years for cycling, hiking and skiing, and for a few other odd uses. I'll provide a bit of info and review of the products briefly and also include where to buy it if it's still available. I consider myself a miminalist when it comes to my gear, but more than happy to cart along gadgets which contribute to making the experience easier or better.

So my first blog might as well be about the last thing I bought. My husbands long hours on the bike mean for the bikers arm tan, you know, the one when shirtless, he looks like he's still wearing a white t-shirt on tanned arms. Not even the winter months these days see the tan vanish. So with sunscreen on exposed arms insifficiant in the summer, along came these beauties!




White Arm Coolers (not warmers)! Claimed to be cooler than wearing nothing in the heat. From De Soto, and tri-athlon equipment and clothing company. So I bought these straight from the US, on teamestrogen.com and Greg gave them a go on a 200km+ riding weekend. He reports back that they were nice and cool, and he never felt the warm March alpine sun on his arms. No sunscreen either, no sunburnt arms. Seems good so far. Let the tan fade begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment