Sunday, March 15, 2009

Five Fingers Cont...

These vibram five fingers have been on my mind. With the weather cooling, and having the female characteristic of cold hands and toes, I've been considering these for yoga as the only alternative is bare feet in the cold studio. Well it's not that cold, but barefoot below 20 degrees and my toes are little icicles.
I've also grown to consider if they are going to help me re-establish muscles and use of my little toes. All they do these days is curl into the neighboring toe and are thus useless, completely. These little toes are designed to work, but modern day man in flat platform shoes makes these little pinkies lazy. And as it goes, if you don't use it, you loose it.
Alot of runners are loving these and saying that it has helped change their running technique for the better. I'm intrigued and have been searching for more info.
I came across Dr Silberman and am interested to try his running technique. See it for yourself;
What's interesting is Dr Silberman critiquing Radcliffe, Gebrselassie, an immediate novice to his technique, and one who had a little time to practice. I've been running for about 2 1/2 years now, but still consider myself a novice. I'm going to give this approach a try, as I'm guilty of heel pounding.
REI has 20% off for members at the moment so I'm almost totally convinced to buy a pair and give five fingers a go. Might give them a whirl jogging around Albert Park. Just as soon as the Grand Priz leaves town.

No comments:

Post a Comment