Monday, June 29, 2009

A little more about my yoga practice....

At this point in time I am enjoying having a strong breath through my yoga practice. In yoga words, it about using your fire element. In terms of the movements I am enjoying, I love the postures with hip openings, especially back bends, as you have to open the face of the hips to achieve this, not just bend your back! I always feel I can work strongly in hip opening postures. I need lots of work on forward bend, as these openings are very tight, the hamstrings and groin(!). I am working on jumping my feet forwards and backwards in postures which are best shown in the following youtube video.

jump back/jump forward

And then the following video shows some amazing yogis displaying the Asthanga Vinyasa method. A very powerful, dynamic and elegant practice.

Ashtanga Yoga

And finally a word from Pattabhi Jois, a wonderful teacher who brought this Yoga to the West from India, practiced and taught it for over 60 years.

Pattabhi Jois

x Bron

No comments:

Post a Comment